Title: Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3)
Author: Cassandra Clare
Publisher: Walker Books
Published: 2015 (first published in 2013)
My Rating: 5/5 stars
A net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute. Mortmain plans to use his Infernal Devices, an army of pitiless automatons, to destroy the Shadowhunters. He needs only one last item to complete his plan: he needs Tessa Gray.
Charlotte Branwell, head of the London Institute, is desperate to find Mortmain before he strikes. But when Mortmain abducts Tessa, the boys who lay equal claim to her heart, Jem and Will, will do anything to save her. For though Tessa and Jem are now engaged, Will is as much in love with her as ever.
As those who love Tessa rally to rescue her from Mortmain’s clutches, Tessa realizes that the only person who can save her is herself. But can a single girl, even one who can command the power of angels, face down an entire army?
SPOILER FREE REVIEW
WARNING: You WILL mourn heavily after Clockwork Princess is over.
Once again, Cassandra Clare did an outstanding job! She wrapped up my beloved Infernal Devices well, with just enough cliffhanger to make me dive straight into City of Heavenly Fire!
The plot was so intense and we jumped right into action. There were so many moments that hit me right in the feels and I cried more than once. Clockwork Princess had a ton of surprises I did NOT see coming! Despite the amount of theory-ing you do, you still will be shocked at how some events turn out. The plot was satisfying and written beautifully, and left me shattered and wanting more!
My favourite characters developed even more in this novel, and my love for these fictional people expanded immensely! (who knew that was humanly possible?!) The relationships were all heartbreaking, in good and bad ways, and that epilogue KILLED ME! Their strength, love and bravery never fades and they inspire me to be a better person. These characters will stay with me forever.
Go read this series right now! YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT! Now leave before I spoil you with my absurd theories and hopes for City of Heavenly Fire! (trust me, you do not want spoilers)
THEORIES AND HOPES FOR COHF (SPOILER ALERT!)
- Sebastian has to die. I hope he dies gradually and painfully because he deserves it. Also I kind of want Izzy or Clary to kill him because it would be extremely badass, and both Izzy and Clary have EVERY REASON AND RIGHT to rid him from the universe.
- Jem and Tessa HAVE to be involved in some way! I hope Jem is cured by Jace’s heavenly fire. And I hope Jem helps the TMI gang and fights alongside Jace, descendent of Will, just like old times with his parabatai!!!!! My heart will break if that happens!
- MALEC HAS TO GET BACK TOGETHER!!!! This is a must!!!!!! Under no circumstances should they be split up by the end of the novel!
- More of the family tree is explored because I saw the family tree online and it seems like everyone in the Lightwood, Herondale and Carstairs families are related in some way, whether if they are married or second cousins.
- A happy ending with no huge cliffhanger. Please. Please.
- Simon lives once again because he has proven he is legit invincible.
Have you read Clockwork Princess? If so, what are your thoughts and opinions? Did you like this book? Leave all your thoughts below!